Thursday, November 8, 2012

Being Uniquely Me

I have so many dreams!

One of them is to launch a website for local coffeehouses across America.  I love to travel around and experience them and watch the staff as they interact with the people, with the community.  I want everyone one to see the soul of these mom-and-pops businesses that have created happy places all over.

Sometimes I feel unstoppable and brave as I bring this dream to life.  I dive into the tedious details on a daily basis doing research on coffee, posting photos of my visits to coffeehouses, writing blog entries and letters, making calls, learning about managing others, getting feedback from the world and making choices.  It is quite inspiring!

Other times I don't feel at all brave.  I feel insignificant and lonely in the big world of websites and coffeeland.  I can get dizzy from all the swirling email and lists of to-dos and priorities ... shifting my focus from one fire to the other.  It can be so fucking exhausting!  I WANT TO JUST QUIT.  And be done with this dream thing and just live a simple life on a beach with my camera and a beer.

But I won't.  I can't.  It's not in me.  That fire in my belly keeps burning and reminds me to keep going no matter what obstacles stand in my way.  The path may become longer, but the destination remains the same and I am determined to get there.

I found this mermaid at a community sausage festival in Alabama last year.  She and I sat there together listening to banjos and bedpans while watching kids dance around with their grandparents on a fall afternoon.  She reminds me to enjoy the simple things, stay the course ~ embrace this little journey of life and just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me.